Australian Landscape Source

Consumer Guide

What to look for when looking for a landscaper. 
For more....

Find a Landscaper

Australia wide search tool to find landscapers, designers, gardeners, horticulturists and arborists.

Special Offers

Special offers and discounts for gardeners and professional trades people.  For more...

How To...

What skills and training are needed to be a professional in this industry. For more...

Laws and Regulations

Find out what laws and regulations exist in your state when hiring a landscaper. 
For more...

Landscape Trading Source

Looking for goods and services. Check these out:

Consumer's Product Registry

Professional Trade Registry

Free Articles

Articles for landscapers and gardeners. Free articles...


Landscaping in Melbourne is not the same as in Sydney, Brisbane or Perth. Find out why.




for Landscape Businesses

Besides typical businesses requirements (safety, tax, super, etc), the landscape industry has a few additional requirements.





In some states companies and/or individuals will need to be licensed to undertake certain landscape related works. Please refer to your appropriate state for guidelines.


State: New South Wales

License needed: any work over $200

License contact: Office of Fair Trading


State: Queensland

License needed: for any structural work over $1,100

License contact: Building Services Authority


State: Victoria

License needed: for any work over $5000

License Contact: Building Practitioners Board


State: South Australia

License needed: builder licence needed for most types of work

License contact: Office of Consumer and Business Affairs


State: Tasmania

License needed: If over $5000, builder license required

License contact: Tasmanian Compliance Corporation


State: Western Australia

License needed: if over $12,000 a builder license required

License contact: Builders Registration Board


State/Region: Northern Territory

License needed - nil

License contact: Building Practitioners Board


State/Region: Australian Capital Territory

License needed: currently unregistered

Licence contact: ACT Planning and Land Authority


A generic website that covers all states and territories, plus New Zealand, is  Builders Licensing Australasia



In most states it is illegal to undertake work with a client if it exceeds a certain value.

Eg. In Qld, work over $3,300 must be a contract.

Remember, that contracts protect both the consumer and contractor.


For other issues, contact your business lawyer and accountant.

Free monthly e-Newsletter
WIN prizes


Home | Contact Us | FeedbackCompetition | Landscape tips |Search | Links